Dazzle Your Holiday Guests with These Fun Activities
With holiday guests in town, you'll want to make sure they are treated to a fun-filled visit. Here's a list of suggestions on how to keep them busy and make their time feel special.
Pick up Treats for Breakfast
Treat your guests to some freshly baked breakfast items from our local bakeries. Head out early or order and pick up ahead of time so that you can ensure they have the quantities you need, PLUS BONUS it means you can sleep in and still wow your visitors.
Here's our favorites, but there's plenty more to choose from:
- The Bread Guy Try their handmade Bagels and Danish.
- Son Rise Their cinnamon rolls are amazing!
- Bear and Beak Blueberry and Pecan Coffee Cake is a win for your guests.
- Proper Pastry - Your guests will go crazy for their chocolate croissants or cronuts!
Enjoy some of these amazing holiday-themed activities that are sure to create memorable experiences.
- Make plans to attend one of these lighting ceremonies going on this weekend
- Christmas in the City of Huntington and Lighting of Holiday Tree at Rotary Centennial Park- Saturday, November 25
- Lighting of Sunken Gardens - Sunday, November 26 beginning at 5:30 p.m.
- Plan ahead! Check the EVENTS CALENDAR for holiday performances, craft sales, downtown activities, Santa meet/greets and other events for the dates of your guests' visit.
Let the Games Begin
What's a better way to pass the time than with a little friendly competition? Challenge your guests to an afternoon or evening of fun and games at these local businesses. Make sure you call ahead to check availability as some facilities host private holiday gatherings.
- Floyd's Arcade and Pinball - For a small fee, play unlimited games.
- Game On! Virtual Gaming - five bays with HD reality sports, and with over 130+ games and virtual sports
- Rainbow Lanes Click here for the open bowling schedule or call 260-356-5512 for lane availability
Do Some Tastings
For your 21+ guests, enjoy some quality time doing wine or beer tastings at one of the following:
- Two EE's Winery
- Rustic River Outfiters
- Dash 90 Wines
- Junk Ditch Huntington Tap
Out to Dinner
Don't want to cook for the whole family? Are your guests craving their old favorites? Make sure you hit up some of the old stand-by's for dinner. Group too big? Call ahead and carry out!
Here's a list of some of the old time favorites: (Access a full list of county eateries in case you need help deciding).
- Nick's Kitchen
- Hoosier Drive In
- Pizza Junction
- Los Amigos Mexican Restaurant
- Mecates Mexican Grill
- The Pickle
- Roanoke Village Inn
- Z -Place Pizza
Not Enough Space?
Not enough places for everyone to sleep? Check out all the lodging properties and overnight accommodations in Huntington County. We have everything from chain hotels with swimming pools to bed and breakfasts and airbnb properties. https://visithuntington.org/st...
Need more space for get-togethers and holiday parties? Check out the list of event facilities and options. https://visithuntington.org/pl...
Holiday Shopping and Thrifting
Do you or your guests need to start or finish up their holiday gift purchases? Check out our Official 2023 Gift Guide to get inspired before heading out on a shopping expedition.
Here's a full list of area shops and boutiques. Shopping
Have a free afternoon? What better way to spend the time than with a trip to area thrift shops. This activity is fun for all ages and budgets and your guests will love searching for discounted treasures. Also, check out our Antiques and Vintage Trail for more stops to add to your shopping day.
- Bargain Basement, Warren, Open Friday and Saturday weekly from 9-4.
- Blue Angel Consignment, Huntington, Open Tuesday, 9-2, Wednesday through Friday 9-5 and Saturday 10-2.
- Covered with Love Resale Shop, Huntington, Open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 9-5
- Goodwill Industries, Huntington, Open Monday-Saturday 10-6; Sunday Noon-5
- Indiana Family Care Center Op Shop-Thrift Store, Huntington, Open Wednesday & Saturday 10-4, Thursday-Friday 10-5
- Small Deals Big Steals, Huntington, Open Monday-Thursday and Saturday 10-6; Sunday 10-4 (Closed Friday)
- Tree of Life Gallery (Vintage clothing upstairs), Roanoke, Open Wednesday 9-9:30, Thursday 9-4:30, Friday Noon-8. Saturday 11-3:30.
*** We've posted their regular hours here but check holiday hours before heading out.***
Load the guys and the gear into the truck and head over to the Roush Shooting Range or Hillside Shooting Sport for some exhilarating time at the range. Hillside offers onsite rentals for the indoor and outdoor ranges (All rental firearms will require the purchase of ammo from the Range Office). Check websites and social media for holiday updates.